I haven't done a meme in almost a year. My favorite of the ones I've seen bouncing lately around blogs I read is a version of the last one I did, oh so long ago; even though some of the questions are different, I don't see much reason to do it again, so I'm going with the meme I like second-best.
I got this from McCutcheon's Squishy Thoughts. Here's how it works: you take the questions, get your itunes ready, and hit "next." Each song that comes up is the answer to the question before you.
I think the quiz was designed by high school students, because there is an emphasis on things like "best friends" and "the person you like." Some of the questions were so adolescent I had to change them, and I also had to put the whole thing in some coherent order--they were utterly random. I know, I know, that's really geeky of me, to revise a meme, but I can't help it.
Anyway, despite those flaws, the meme still appealed to me, so here it is. It tells you more about my music collection that it does about me, but what the hell.
1. How would you describe yourself?
Sixty-eight Guns (The Alarm)
2. What is your motto?
Send for Henry (Trashcan Sinatras)
3. What do you think about often?
In Dulce Decorum (The Damned)
That one’s true--I do think about World War I fairly often.
4. What do you think of your family?
Big Sister’s Clothes (Elvis Costello)
It’s easier to say ‘I Love You
than ‘Yours Sincerely’
All little sisters
like to try on big sister’s clothes
5. What do your parents think of you?
Shout (Tears for Fears)
Yeah, that’s pretty apt
6. What do you think of your friends?
I Wanna Be Your Lover (Prince)
Yeah, I want to sleep with ALL my friends.
7. What do your friends think of you?
Little Earthquakes (Tori Amos)
8. What do you think of your best friend?
GREAT song, by one of the best bands almost no one has ever heard of
9. What is your best friends theme song?
Night of the Swallow (Kate Bush)
Which of my BFF’s will claim that one? Saviour Onassis? Is this yours?
10. What do your coworkers think of you?
Just Call Me Joe (Sinead O’Connor)
11. What do you like in a guy/girl?
Pineapple Head (Crowded House)
12. What do you think when you see the person you fancy?
Take a Look (Liz Phair)
I guess.... Especially as I don’t really fancy anyone right now, aside from Richard Armitage, whom I’ve never met.
13. What do you want to say to the person you fancy?
Cars (Gary Numan)
14. What is your hobby/interest?
Glass Candle Grenades (Cocteau Twins)
15. What is your biggest fear?
Café Canada (Nick Heywood–you know, the cutey from Haircut 100)
16. What is your biggest secret?
Gratitude (Oingo Boingo)
17. If your heart could talk what would it say?
Teenage Wildlife (David Bowie)
18. What is your theme song?
Deep Honey (Goldfrapp)
19. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Keep Me in the Dark (Arcadia)
20. What song will they play at your wedding?
Madonna of the Wasps (Robin Hitchcock)
21. What will they play at your funeral?
Good Morning Britain (Aztec Camera)
Except that my sister and I decided in 1984, after we saw “The Big Chill” where “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” is played at a funeral, that we both wanted “Young Americans” by David Bowie to be played at our funerals.
22. What is your mood right now?
Ocean Rain (Echo and the Bunnymen)
23. What will you repost this as?
Five Ten Fiftyfold (Cocteau Twins, again)
24. What does your future look like?
More Than a Party (Depeche Mode)
Keep telling us
we’re to have fun
then take all the ice cream
so we’ve got none
this is more than a party
Wit and wisdom like that are one reason DM is one of my favorite bands in the first place!
p.s. I admit I cheated a time or two.... If a song came up that I’d never heard (and there are plenty on my itunes, thanks to my brother, who gave me his entire library, including a lot of industrial stuff from the early 90s), I skipped it and went on to something I actually know.